- Techrete Win 2013 Green SME Award
- Techrete Win 2012 Sustainable Energy Award
- Techrete; Winner of Creativity in Concrete award at Concrete Society Awards 2012
- Techrete shortlisted for 2012 Green Awards
- Bramall Music Building features in Building Magazine 17.02.12
- Techrete awarded Kingscross T6
- Techrete shortlisted for SEAI Energy Awards 2011
- Techrete Sponsor Specifying Visual Concrete Conference 2011
- Techrete accredited CHAS Contractor and Design
- Osiers Gate, Wandsworth, London
Techrete awarded ISO 14001 Environmental Standard
Techrete, the largest manufacturer of architectural precast concrete cladding in Ireland and the UK, has been awarded the Environmental Certification ISO 14001 by the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI).
Commenting on the certifications, Marcus Sweeney, Managing Director at Techrete said, “The achievement of this standard provides our customers and employees with evidence of our commitment to sustainability and the environment in our industry. The achievement of this milestone for the business is totally fundamental to our success going forward.”
Environmental Management Systems (EMS) standards have been developed as tools to allow the management of organisations to better identify, manage and control their activities that can impact the environment.
By a systematic analysis of the aspects of an organisation’s operations, and by quantifying the impacts on the environment of these aspects, the organisation can respond in a planned and co-ordinated way. Defining clear goals and objectives in relation to environmental performance gives direction to the organisation by reducing waste and energy use, substitution of non-renewable resources, risk avoidance, good citizenship and image enhancement. This contributes to increased stakeholder confidence, competitive advantage and long term viability.